Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Materials don't export with FBX

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jnegri
4036 Views, 4 Replies

Materials don't export with FBX

When exporting to FBX, the materials don't work anymore. What happens now is that everything exports as one generic material. This worked fine in 2010, but doesn't work in 2011.

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP ! ! ! !

It is hugely inconvenient and time-consuming to have to export a model material by material. It's playing havoc with my deadlines. Please respond and let us know when we can expect Autodesk to correct this problem.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RogerCusson
in reply to: jnegri

You may be having problems with different versions of software. the materials being transfered in revit 2011 to Max 2011 are new material types, that  might be causing you these problems.

If you create a new model in revit 2011, export to max2011 the materials will come across.

cheers

rec

Message 3 of 5
ariyani

only export to max design

Message 4 of 5
ryan.duell

Additionally I would reference the following post as there were numerous updates for 3DS Max which addressed some FBX material issues:

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/02/revit-2011-fbx-to-3ds-max-2011-tips.html

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 5 of 5
hagoyo
in reply to: ryan.duell

i'm having the same issue - did you find a fix?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report