Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Take Off - Weight Visible Parts

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
L.Maas
2088 Views, 3 Replies

Material Take Off - Weight Visible Parts

Community,

I was hoping to do a material takeoff for weight calculations. I use families where some parts are hidden depending on use. As an example I have frames were if two of those frames are next to eachother the left or right part of one of those frames will not be used. I use a visible parameter to hide that part. I use Material: Volume and Material: Density to calculate the weight of the frames.

Unfortunately the material take off seems to use the hidden parts for calculations So if I hide part of the family the weight in the material take off does not change.

Am I missing something? Or is there an easy workaround?

I have done weight calculations inside the family, however it requires many parameters and many formulas to get proper resuts.

Thanks in advance for your input.

LM

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: L.Maas

After further reviewing I found the problem/solution.

In the families I use other nested families. In the parent familiy I switch of the visibility setting of the nested (child) family. However this means that the objects/material inside the nested family itself is not hidden. The solution therefore is to use the visbility setting of all the objects insde the nested family and use parameters to control the visibility of all the objects inside the nested family.

Hope this will save other people some time.

LM

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 4

hidding acts only in specific views ...

If you want that some of the objects not to appear in Schedule and in Material Takeof , then apply Filter (can be Comments, Mark , Description)  - in my example a Filter by Comments....

Image 1.png

Image 2.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 4 of 4
willem.creffier
in reply to: L.Maas

Hi Louis,

you did save me some time, thank you for posting your own solution.

Ik kan me er ook over verbazen hoe vaak het voorvalt, dat als je een oplossing vindt op het Revit of Dynamo forum, de persoon van wie je de oplossing krijgt min of meer hetzelfde aan het bouwen was.

Of klinkt dit minder verbazend dan het uiteindelijk is?

MVG,

Willem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report