Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Tags & List

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
smikrut11
1069 Views, 3 Replies

Material Tags & List

I have a rather lengthy question I need some help with.

I am working on setting up an office standard project template for a new company as they make the transition from CAD to Revit Architecture 2012. In their elevations (both interior and exterior), sections, and details they use material tags and a materials list. For example; an exterior elevation has a tag with the number 09 24 00 called out with a leader arrow pointing to the exterior facade. That Con-doc number is then referenced elsewhere on the drawing sheet in a materials list  at 09 24 00 - Lath & Stucco. 

This is the first time I have ever come across a company that notes there drawings in this way. I have am more familiar with calling out materials with a simple leader arrow and note. 

My question is, is it possible to duplicate this material tag as well as create a schedule that lists these Con-doc numbers and their corresponding material? Does each material in Revit Architecture have spec section numbers built into it, or would I have to manually enter each Con-doc number into the individual materials?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: smikrut11

If I understand correctly, what you are describing is keynotes. Please check Wikihelp for more information on that topic.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
jbayne
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I just looked thru Wikihelp and it was not much help on this matter. 

What I am looking for is a list of common materials (GWB, Metal Stud, Plywood) that would already have the keynote section filled in. Is this something each office needs to go thru during initial setup?

Message 4 of 4
smcgrady
in reply to: smikrut11

e-SPECS provides keynotes for MasterSpec and other commercial masters as well as management of master keynotes, automatic filtering for project specific list of keynotes, and advanced assignment and validation within Revit.  Have you already checked into the e-SPECS keynoting functionality?

Yes, I am with InterSpec who develops e-SPECS.  I am also hoping this functionality helps firms save time and money in coordinating their construction docs while reducing the extra manual steps required.

Seamus McGrady  smcgrady@e-SPECS.com  www.e-SPECS.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report