Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material on Autodesk 360

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
smalibary
1523 Views, 8 Replies

Material on Autodesk 360

hello , while i use the material in these days i found something wrong in in it and i would like to find anything to fix it... let me explain where is the problem , first of all i'm a student and i really have a weak laptop that can render a small image in hours and hours while i need to render a whole project soon , and when i knew this cloud service i really enjoyed it and i liked it more that its free for students and after a while of using it i found that there is a problem in it which is the material , it usually shows good material when i use one of the default one , but if i created my own material it goes really crazy and the scale isn't that correct see this pictures which explain my points :

this picture is what i want in the new materials 

gvh.jpg

and this picture will show the problem :

k.jpg

*remember this pc render is on good preview and i can't put it in best !

so is there anyway to fix it ?? or i just gonna use my laptop 😞

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
smalibary
in reply to: smalibary

*bump*

Message 3 of 9
loboarch

I have heard of people seeing this issue with Autodesk 360 rendering.  I think somehow there is a units mix up happening and the custom materil is reading inches as feet when it gets to Autodesk 360.  You can try scaling the material by a factor of 12 in Revit to see if that get you closer to what you are looking for.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 4 of 9
smalibary
in reply to: loboarch

hmmm but in my country we use the meter and cm , and this material had a scale of 0.60m or 60cm , so which scale i should put ??
Message 5 of 9
loboarch

@smalibary wrote:
hmmm but in my country we use the meter and cm , and this material had a scale of 0.60m or 60cm , so which scale i should put ??

Even using M and CM I think the issue is units related.  I would still try scaling down by a factor of 12 in Revit.  So if the pattern is 60cm try making it 5 cm in Revit and then send to Autodesk cloud rendering and the material should render correctly.

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 6 of 9
smalibary

is there an equation that i should follow or i just divide the number with 12 ??

Message 7 of 9
dago.garza

Hello there, I have the same problem.  Were you able to fix the scale problem? i went into the texture editor in Revit LT 2014 and there is no scale option... Where do i fix the scale factor? Also will the Realistic view in Revit now show tiny bricks, kinda akward solution.

Message 8 of 9
loboarch
in reply to: dago.garza

You can change the scale of the image used for the material in the materials dialog.  Click on the image being used by the material and that will launch a dialog where the change to the size can be made.

material_image_scale.png

In the image I would change the 48 value to a 4.  Then when rendered the material should come out correct.

Yes this will affect the "realistic view" in Revit LT.  Autodesk 360 rendering is aware of the scaling issue.  Until that is changed however akward the solution is it is the reality of the situation.  You can have your renderings come out with the correct scale material, or you can have realistic views have the correct scale, but not both.  I rarely, if ever, use a realisticvisual style in Revit.  I would set things so they are correct when rendered.

Jeff Hanson
Revit Help |
Message 9 of 9
dago.garza

That did it, Thanks for the tip!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report