Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Library

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kate_vanhout
4309 Views, 2 Replies

Material Library

I am using Revit Architecture 2013 on Window 7 Pro 64bit and I created material assets for the company I work for and I thought that it had saved on the network so other users could use these materials. But one of my coworkers tried to render a file I created with these assets and it says the images are missing.  How can I find the asset file on my comptuer so I can move it to the network so other users can also access them!?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LisaDrago
in reply to: kate_vanhout

The best way I can think of this is to have your materials in your template file , so they are all there when you start a project.

You can do a transfer project standards and transfer the materials from one project to another. Make sure both projects are open in one session of revit to do this...

Image attached...

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 3
Jason_S
in reply to: kate_vanhout

Revit saves the images files you bring into Revit here; 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Materials\Textures\3\Mats

Although Revit doesn't have a place you can change the location to always point to a network drive for these materials, you can load from the network and it remember that path.  All users will have to have the same drive letter or UNC pathing for that to work.

I do this all the time.  Create a material then copy and paste it to a network location then I reload it into the project or Template so it is always there for everyone.

I hope this helps you out.  Let me know if you need more detail.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report