Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Browser Site Grass and Site Asphalt missing

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
octavio2
48057 Views, 19 Replies

Material Browser Site Grass and Site Asphalt missing

In the Materiol Browser of version of Revit 2014 I do not see the  Site- Grass and the Site - Asphalt of previous years. 

Is this something that I have to put there downloading from where?  Or it is hidden there somewhere?

Please advise.

Thnks in advance.

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
octavio2
in reply to: octavio2

I found these and the grass was under the AEC Materials, it took me some doing to find these, apparently since I do not use the Materials Library often.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 20
beto1barq

where did u find that cus i have the same problem n i can'd find it anywere

Message 4 of 20

ive searched and cant find the AEC material folder for getting a grass site. I was wondering if you found a solution to your problem?

Message 5 of 20
cbcarch
in reply to: 485452

Take a look here (see attached image).

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 20
apiper
in reply to: cbcarch

I have a similar problem.  I found the AEC material library and all are present but I'm not able to use any of the materials in my model.

I select them and click ok with no warnings but my object hasn't actually changed.  I can change it to another 'Project Material' with no problem.

Help?

Edit: I am trying to change the material of a Toposurface.

Message 7 of 20
apiper
in reply to: apiper

Of course, I figured it out right after posting.
For anyone with the same problem: Hover over the material you want to use and click on the small arrow button that appears next to the material name.
Message 8 of 20
diegordzdeita
in reply to: apiper

I solved this going to my site plan. Hope it helps. Regards

Message 9 of 20
PaxtonBudd
in reply to: cbcarch

THANK YOU! I was trying to find Terrazzo flooring for a 1" finish on a concrete floor! This was a life-saver! I spent 10 minutes repeating steps over and over trying to figure out why I wasn't able to find the mat'l i was looking for haha!

Kudos to you.

Message 10 of 20
kvelasquez3

I am very frustrated because I cant seem to find out why my materials library does not have AEC materials .I am specifically looking for "glass brick" which I have noticed is in the AEC materials folder but again, It is no where to be found. someone please help.materials.JPG

Tags (2)
Message 11 of 20
PaxtonBudd
in reply to: kvelasquez3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4-fAj54XoI

Does this video help? 

From your screen shot, I cannot see your AEC folder within your Material Browser.

Message 12 of 20
kvelasquez3
in reply to: PaxtonBudd

Thank you for the video. The problem is that I also cannot see the AEC folder. When I open "Materials" from the "Manage" tab, the only window that pops up is the one I took a screen grab of. There are no split sections like the one from the youtube video. I cannot seem to find a AEC folder anywhere. I am using Revit 2017.

Message 13 of 20
PaxtonBudd

Go to the bottom left of your screen. You should see a little tan pinned folder. Open that and tell me what it is. It looks like your AEC folder is minimized in your screen shot.
Message 14 of 20
kvelasquez3

I found it! My library panel was hidden. Thank you so much for your help and quick response!

Message 15 of 20
PaxtonBudd

No problem! Glad you got it figured out. That’s what the forum is for! 😊
Message 16 of 20

may i ask why there isn't site-grass material in my AEC folder?

please see the screenshot in attached files

Message 17 of 20
PaxtonBudd
in reply to: 310336787

Try this forum here, and when I have more time this afternoon I will get back with you! At the moment I am super busy...

https://www.revitforum.org/architecture-general-revit-questions/15302-missing-revit-materials.html

This will walk you through finding hidden materials. Apparently sometimes when you first install Revit Out-Of-The-Box it only comes with a few pre-installed options for materials. The rest you may have to download. Also, check your service packs and be certain that your program is 100% up to date!

I'll get back with you as fast as I can!

good luck!

- Paxton Budd

CAD/BIM Modeler

Shelley Electric, INC.

Message 18 of 20
PaxtonBudd
in reply to: 310336787

Also, when sending us a screen shot, please don't crop your image down. Make sure your entire Materials Browser is open so that we can see everything in the window. If you look above, I helped another user because I was able to see that their AEC folder pin was minimized and they simply weren't looking in the correct place.

thanks!

Message 19 of 20
smartblond57

Big help! Thanks for looking 🙂 

Message 20 of 20
smartblond57

BIG help, thanks for looking 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report