Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching Area Tags and Room Tags

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
David_Knight
2953 Views, 5 Replies

Matching Area Tags and Room Tags

So I’ve been looking around in revit's help, searching the web.  I'm either using bad search terms or not seeing the answer (or overlooking it?)

it seems like this is really simple...

I'm looking to create area plans for Rentable SF.  These are for numerous spaces within a plan (like a mall).  I have already tagged my room names and assigned numbers.  When I begin creating an area plan, it automatically generated an entire single space.  Since I did not want 1 gross space, deleted this and created individual areas based on my wall locations and face of glass.  Now however the Room number and Area number do not link together.  The Room name and Area name also do not link together.

Is there a way to make them work together? Or am I stuck re-entering all this information again?  In some cases we'll have to make 2-3 different area plans using different calculation methods.  I'm hoping there is a solution I can't find.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
gustavomello
in reply to: David_Knight

Hi David, i would like to see something like this. I don´t think revit can do this on it´s own, maybe just via API. I thought about trying with DBLink and ACCESS through area and room positions, but those parameters aren't exported.

Maybe dynamo could read the positions and change area name and number based on the name and number of the nearest room? I'm not familiar with Dynamo but, from what i've seen about it so far, i think it woulbe the best try.

Gustavo

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 6
David_Knight
in reply to: gustavomello

I was hoping there was even a way to add an area tag to the floor plan, but i could not see a way to do this.  I could stack tags to get what i want then.

Maybe the option is to overlay a floor plan on top of an area plan(turning the Title Off on the area plan viewport).

We could then use VG to turn off everything except the tags... It's not ideal, but it's a workaround.

prob a pain in the but to move the tags around as well...

Message 4 of 6
David_Knight

Testing this now.

This doesn't really help with scheduling... but... we can manually update the SF area calcs we need in the room tag without having to switch to new drawings at least.

Message 5 of 6
gustavomello

I,m a little bit lost right now, maybe due to not fully understanding english. Are you trying to associate room and area numbers and names or just trying to tag both in a plan? Maybe the two?

For tagging both area and rooms in the same plan try to use a area plan instead of a floor plan. This way you can tag both and use VG to make the area plan looks just like a floor plan (essencially hiding area boundary lines). I often use this method.

Hope i haven´t misunderstood what you said.

Gustavo

Message 6 of 6
David_Knight
in reply to: gustavomello

I understand I can't associate an area with a room tag.  So I was looking to overlay 2 plans showing both.  However using the area plan as the floor plan certainly would resolve the issue from a tagging stand point without the need to overlay plans.

thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report