Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

Contributor
tcupp
Message 1 of 5 (125 Views)

Matching a grid layout to multiple plans

125 Views, 4 Replies
01-14-2009 08:51 AM
Is there a way to match the grid layout that I have in one plan to other plans?

From what I can tell it is not controlled by 'detailing' or 'visibility/graphics overrides'.

Thanks for any help,
Taylor
roetcisoender
Message 2 of 5 (125 Views)

Re: Matching a grid layout to multiple plans

01-14-2009 10:45 AM in reply to: tcupp
From what I understand, this can't be done. It's one of the areas that is lacking. I've tried several methods and have had no luck. A local support group also indicated to me that this was a limitation of the program. A similar limitation is true for grid bubble modifications. If the bubble is offset to the side to avoid overlapping, the change is indepedent at each level. So you have to repeat the process for each condition at each level. That could get real old on a high-rise.

A similar frustration that I have found is aligning views to sheets. There is no way to lock views so they occur in the same place on different sheets. This woudl be specifically useful when developing floor plans. Remember the old rule of stacking your plans?

I hope someone can offer a method and can prove me wrong. Or maybe the next upgrade can address these issues.

Good luck.
Contributor
smorse
Message 3 of 5 (125 Views)

01-14-2009 12:22 PM in reply to: tcupp
In the view you have modified the grids, select the grids. Notice on the Options Bar, there is a button "Propagate Extents". Press the button and in the resulting dialog select what views you want to push the changes to. I have noticed that sometimes I do not get the dialog when pressing the button. I have not chased down the reason for that.

This should do what you want it to do.
Distinguished Contributor
krispy
Message 4 of 5 (125 Views)

01-14-2009 02:00 PM in reply to: tcupp
i also noticed that if you have a scope box applied to the view you will not be able to select "Propogate Extents". usually you can temporarily unassign the scope box, propogate the grids and then reapply.
Contributor
tcupp
Message 5 of 5 (125 Views)

01-14-2009 02:02 PM in reply to: tcupp
Both of those are extremely helpful and saved me a ton of time. Thanks for the help.

Taylor
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.