Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching a grid layout to multiple plans

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3778 Views, 6 Replies

Matching a grid layout to multiple plans

Is there a way to match the grid layout that I have in one plan to other plans?

From what I can tell it is not controlled by 'detailing' or 'visibility/graphics overrides'.

Thanks for any help,
Taylor
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

From what I understand, this can't be done. It's one of the areas that is lacking. I've tried several methods and have had no luck. A local support group also indicated to me that this was a limitation of the program. A similar limitation is true for grid bubble modifications. If the bubble is offset to the side to avoid overlapping, the change is indepedent at each level. So you have to repeat the process for each condition at each level. That could get real old on a high-rise.

A similar frustration that I have found is aligning views to sheets. There is no way to lock views so they occur in the same place on different sheets. This woudl be specifically useful when developing floor plans. Remember the old rule of stacking your plans?

I hope someone can offer a method and can prove me wrong. Or maybe the next upgrade can address these issues.

Good luck.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

In the view you have modified the grids, select the grids. Notice on the Options Bar, there is a button "Propagate Extents". Press the button and in the resulting dialog select what views you want to push the changes to. I have noticed that sometimes I do not get the dialog when pressing the button. I have not chased down the reason for that.

This should do what you want it to do.
Message 4 of 7
krispy

i also noticed that if you have a scope box applied to the view you will not be able to select "Propogate Extents". usually you can temporarily unassign the scope box, propogate the grids and then reapply.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Both of those are extremely helpful and saved me a ton of time. Thanks for the help.

Taylor
Message 6 of 7
ehsan_ghassemlou

the main reason for not propagating grids sometime is view crops, just disable them on both (all) views temporarily. 

Message 7 of 7
SteveKStafford

The reason Propagate Extents is not available in views that are cropped is that the a crop boundary already affects the display of grids (and levels). When the crop boundary is invoked in a view that makes it special, unique or different from other views. Propagate Extents is only eligible to adjust a grids appearance in views that don't have a relationship with a crop boundary already. 🙂

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report