Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massing Trouble: Importing Conceptual Mass Fam into Construction Project

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ngaraycochea
2258 Views, 4 Replies

Massing Trouble: Importing Conceptual Mass Fam into Construction Project

Hey, all! 

I developed a mass in the conceptual massing editor and was importing it into a project when I got this message: 

"Mass contains only mesh geometry, which can’t be used to compute Mass Floors, volume, or surface area"

I made the mass by first making a spline, mirroring that spline across a reference axis - at this point, I was hit with two error messages indicating that I had multiple reference points at the same locations (I think these were the tips of the splines). I then re-selected that reference axis, went into 3D and drew on its plane the vertical profile of the building. 

I then made masses (not solid) by selecting the vertical profile situated on the reference plane/axis, and then selecting either spline to make a shell. The issue now is that I am unsure as to how I can make it into a volume so I will be able to compute the Mass Floors, vol, surface area, etc. I also tried fixing this by making the floor a mass surface, as well, but even though I enclosed my structure, it's still hollow, and I still can't compute a volume. 

Any ideas as to how I can get this model into the construction project without warnings about mesh geometry going off? Thank you! 🙂 

Nick

P.S. First Post Ever!!! Smiley Tongue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ngaraycochea
in reply to: ngaraycochea

Here's two views of the mass. 

Message 3 of 5

This method of splines and points is good for making surfaces. If you want you need is a mass from where you can cut mass floors, you need to build the form with parallel profiles, horizontal or vertical; several profiles with small transitions in between. Then select all the profiles, and do Create Form.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 5

Thank you, Alfredo!

I will attempt your recommended method and get back to you with my results!

Many thanks!

Nick
Message 5 of 5

i don't think it works, its still popping up the error 'Mass contains only mesh geometry, which can’t be used to compute Mass Floors, volume, or surface area'

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report