Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
fodor.kinga
335 Views, 5 Replies

Mass

Hello:)

I need some guidance. I would like to know if there is any posibility to create this shape(picture) as a one piece mass (3D-it is not a straight surface). I tried to use spline but I can do it only if I divided it into smaller pieces wich is a little bit messy. Are there some smarter ways to do?

Thank you:)form

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

The image is not a very clear one, but as it looks to be, I think it can be obtained very well using Mass ( In Place Mass or Conceptual Mass): two or even theree extruded shapes, Solid Forms and Void Forms put together in a Boolean function( Join,Substract,Intersect).

If you send a hand sketch more close to wat you want to obtain, I could make a  more detailed explanation....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

It has to be only a mesh. Can I Join,Substract,Intersect a mesh? I tried but I couldn't succed. Maybe I am missing some knowledge:D

Thank you! 

Message 4 of 6

Boolean are functions for Solids ...Meshes can not be made this way..But where is your problem?What is the final purpose of your shape?

Once you have the desired Solid shape, you can ,in Project field use wall by face, roof by face, etc to obtain a sort of Mesh...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

I've made a rough recording on the subject of a mesh form for the desired shape....

https://screencast.autodesk.com/Main/Details/adf5ac6f-3811-4a3e-b3ae-39495f53a2fb

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
emaenda
in reply to: fodor.kinga

Wassup,

Personally I found it better modelling it in AutoCAD as a 3D surface...With improved surface editing functionality I personally find AutoCAD a better tool to model the 3D solid...Open Revit mass modelling, import the CAD File.(Which is the 3D AutoCAD Model) Revit Automatically picks that..then save it as a mass family..

Sometimes I find AutoCAD better because it has improvements in 3D modelling...Or that is just me...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report