Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Error

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
GHASEM_ARIYANI
561 Views, 6 Replies

Mass Error

Hi

I now Ceiling Design like the image below.

dezeen_Bakery-in-Porto-by-Paulo-Merlini_4.jpg

To do this The Mass And Adaptive Component used.

But when Adaptive Component I enter Mass.

And  I on the places Repeat until the tool To use I encounter the following warning.

Ceiling Design Error.jpg

How do I solve this problem Or If you have a better method. Do you mind.

Please help me!

Revit files Attached below is.

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

hi

Please someone help The warning I solve.

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7

A method could be to work in X-Ray mood and to make sweeps along the edges....but it is not an automatic way of doing .You have to do them one by one...

1. Turn off U and V Grids
  2. Activate X-Ray
  3. Add Profil
  4. Select one profil 
  5. Insert a Reference Point on the profil
  6. change the Work Plane to Host>Form Element by clicking the point - Set 
  7. draw a rectangle on this plane ,placed on a central position (use Viewer)
  8. select the profil and the rectangle (using CTRL) and Create Form...a sweep will be created
  9. select the rectangle shape and Copy (on clipboard)
  10. select another Profil , place a Reference Point, change the Work Plane to the point's plane and Paste the rectangle - make another sweep
  11. and so you can contue till the end

I have to confess that the method does not excite me too much...you have to repeat this operation many times and if you have many ribs it will be quite difficult.....

Image 1.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 7

Hi

thanks for you.

Message 5 of 7

Hi

I use The Family
metric Generic model In this case, 've Created.

Ceiling Modeling.jpg

I used Tools:

Ref Plane-Sweep-Array-Revolve And Extrusion Void.

Do this is a good way?

thanks

Message 6 of 7

Continuing your Idea of an array I would turn from array of Solid Forms to array of Voids, as follows:

1. Load the Ceiling Design.rfa as a mass into a Project
  2. Apply a by face comand - I used roof - so : Architecture >Roof>Roof by Face (make a roof of a thicknes equal with the height desired for the ribs)
  3. In a plan view : Architecture > Component >Model in Place - make a rectangle and extrude it so to be higher than the roof - Create Form >Void Form
  4. Create an array of Voids - the distance between them being equal with the width of the ribs
  5. Select the Roof and then the Voids - Cut - you will obtain a row of ribs that can easely modified in width and height

Image 224.png

Image 225.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report