Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masonary Soldier Course Not rotated properly

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
PAULRYMAL7709
1051 Views, 6 Replies

Masonary Soldier Course Not rotated properly

Hi! I have been trying to find out why my Masonary Soldier courses have rotated the same way as the rest of the bricks in the wall (Horizontally) instead of vertically. I have tried everything to figure this ot but have run out of options. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Using Revit 2013.

Thanks!

Paul 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

in Edit Assembly dialog window ...with section preview activated >click on Sweep button....click then on Material column .. the Material Browser will open > Material Editor >Masonry-Image -click on the arrow placed at right side of the image slot...>Edit Image > Position > Rotation...make a 90 degrees rotation.

You can make a duplicate of the material , in order to have both 0 and 90 degrees maps...

It is true that in Max all theese are more handy......but Max is dedicated for rendering and presentations

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

when in Appearance Properties after rotating the Masonry Image , don't forget to do the same with Relief Pattern grayscale image....

All theese changes are visible only in rendering ,of course...for hidden and shaded use Graphics settings...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 7

I will give this a go & reply as to my sucess with this.

Thanks

Paul

Message 5 of 7

Thanks I have been able to set up a rotated soldier course. Not sure why this happened as everything was fine before. Anyhow the problem that I have now is that my soldier course bricks are not long enough! Is there a way to modify the lengths so it looks more proportional on the model! I will attach a screenshot. 

Thanks again!

Paul

Message 6 of 7

hi,

you can do it from the same place you made the rotation:

Material Browser >Material Editor >Appearance Properties>Massonry >Image >Edit Image >Texture Editor...you have there above the Rotation Function V Scale for vertical scaling  and  also other instruments for scaling and offseting...play a little with theese functions....in Revit 2012 were fewer options,only one scaling parameter but more  handy...

Constantin

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

Thank you Constantine! I was able to resolve this finally. It took quite a
bit of experimenting to properly rotate, position on "Y" Axis & adjusting
the heights of the Brick layout in Propeties. What a learning curve this
was.

Your help is much appreciated!

Paul

RYMAL DRAFTING INC.

EDMONTON, ALBERTA

(780)634-5303

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report