Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masonary Soldier Course Not rotated properly

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1060 Views, 6 Replies

Masonary Soldier Course Not rotated properly

Hi! I have been trying to find out why my Masonary Soldier courses have rotated the same way as the rest of the bricks in the wall (Horizontally) instead of vertically. I have tried everything to figure this ot but have run out of options. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Using Revit 2013.

Thanks!

Paul 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

in Edit Assembly dialog window ...with section preview activated >click on Sweep button....click then on Material column .. the Material Browser will open > Material Editor >Masonry-Image -click on the arrow placed at right side of the image slot...>Edit Image > Position > Rotation...make a 90 degrees rotation.

You can make a duplicate of the material , in order to have both 0 and 90 degrees maps...

It is true that in Max all theese are more handy......but Max is dedicated for rendering and presentations

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
constantin.stroescu

when in Appearance Properties after rotating the Masonry Image , don't forget to do the same with Relief Pattern grayscale image....

All theese changes are visible only in rendering ,of course...for hidden and shaded use Graphics settings...

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

I will give this a go & reply as to my sucess with this.

Thanks

Paul

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks I have been able to set up a rotated soldier course. Not sure why this happened as everything was fine before. Anyhow the problem that I have now is that my soldier course bricks are not long enough! Is there a way to modify the lengths so it looks more proportional on the model! I will attach a screenshot. 

Thanks again!

Paul

Message 6 of 7
constantin.stroescu

hi,

you can do it from the same place you made the rotation:

Material Browser >Material Editor >Appearance Properties>Massonry >Image >Edit Image >Texture Editor...you have there above the Rotation Function V Scale for vertical scaling  and  also other instruments for scaling and offseting...play a little with theese functions....in Revit 2012 were fewer options,only one scaling parameter but more  handy...

Constantin

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Thank you Constantine! I was able to resolve this finally. It took quite a
bit of experimenting to properly rotate, position on "Y" Axis & adjusting
the heights of the Brick layout in Propeties. What a learning curve this
was.

Your help is much appreciated!

Paul

RYMAL DRAFTING INC.

EDMONTON, ALBERTA

(780)634-5303

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report