Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masking regions from drafting views cover up elements in other viewports

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bmwm3owner
2199 Views, 2 Replies

Masking regions from drafting views cover up elements in other viewports

Hi,

We have some drafting views in our model in which we have some manufacturers detail components. Some of these components are not adjustable and are too big for our use. Rather than edit the family and cut a portion of the detail, we have decided to leave them as-is. With that, we will cover up most of a portion of these components with a break like (masking region). The issue here is that once we insert these views onto a sheet, the breaklines (masking regions) cover up elements from other viewports and I need to fit several details onto a sheet. Anyone ever experience this issue before? Any tricks to not make this happen? Unfortunately, Revit 2012 does not have a crop region for drafting views.

Thanks,

Sash K

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bmwm3owner

The View with the Masking Region would have to be placed in the background so it does not Mask the neighboring Views. There are no direct display order controls with Views, the first View inserted is farthest in the background. A quick method to bringing a View into the foreground is to expand the list of Views for the Sheet in the Project Browser, and click and drag the View onto the Sheet again. This will re-attach it and place it in the foreground.

If you have multiple conflicting Masking Regions, you'll have to rearrange the Views on the Sheet like a puzzle. There is no other solutions aside from modifying the family that I can think of.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
timpy6
in reply to: bmwm3owner

This is an old post, but it might be worthwhile to note. I was using an older version of Revit (2015 possibly) and the masking regions I was using to hide elements were showing and hiding things randomly in different viewports. The culprit turned out to be caused by using masking in dependent views. When I changed the view type to independent i was able to create new masking regions that worked properly in all views.

The dependent view relationships were apparently carrying hidden masking regions from other parent/ child views that were masking unwanted regions all over the place. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report