Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mask Regions with '0mm' dimension ?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
MKEllis
371 Views, 2 Replies

Mask Regions with '0mm' dimension ?

I'm using a couple of masked regions to form symbol linework (so that it obscures background and shadows) in section.

In my screen family, I have a masked region that in theory could end up having a 0mm length - that obviously throws out errors.

The following screen grab shows the regions (at screen soffits) that are set to lock to the frame face and external wall face. Trouble is I have an instance parameter to allow the screen to fill the whole wall thickness (which also then toggles on architraves). This results in the 0mm. I have therefore done a slight 2mm overlap to avoid the issue, but this leaves a residual ovelap in the linework that looks ugly.

Setting the masked region to simply not display doesn't avoid the problem, Revit still 'sees' the errant 0mm.

Is there a way of having this masked region working in both options (ie when needed - locked to ref planes) and then not producing the error when the frame and wall are coplanar ?

screen_04.jpg

screen_03.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MKFreiert
in reply to: MKEllis

in situations where i run into the potential for 0 dims, i do one of 2 things:
a) rather than use 2 reference planes that could overlap, i dimension from one, and use a parameter formula and visibility that is more or less, if =0 make it 5 and not visible,
b) offset the line a stupidly tiny amount from the reference plane (assuming they can overlap, but can not cross) so that my linework gets a 1/256" wider, but no one will ever notice, and it won't mess up dimensioning.
Message 3 of 3
MKEllis
in reply to: MKFreiert

Thanks for the pointers!

Got it working now - used formulas as suggested to calculate an offset (and not locked to the frame face) - much cleaner result.

I now have the internal glazed screen with instance options to:

Center to wall

Flush to Extenal Face (with architraves added)

Frame full width of wall (with architraves added to both sides)

screens_05.jpg

Many thanks for your help,

Martin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report