Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major WorkSharing Problem! How do I start over ???

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JHKdezine
222 Views, 1 Reply

Major WorkSharing Problem! How do I start over ???

I created a workshare in my dropbox folder.  I went to another computer to see if I could create another local file and it worked!   

I shared my dropbox folder with a friend in another city to see if she could create another local file and work on it and sync it but it didnt work and the revit links also detached.  We thought that maybe it had do with the directory being different and so made sure everything was the same by creating a new folder.  

It didnt work.  

Long story short my local file would not sync with the central so I detatched it from the central.  

In another folder I created a new central with  the detached file since all my changes could not be synced with the original central.   I was able to  create a new local as well.  

I went to my other computer to create new local  (local B), but the other computer does not recognize this new central file as a central file.  I cant create a new local B.  

WHAT???

Now neither can this file be worked on from my other computer but my friend in another city cant work on it either.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
LisaDrago
in reply to: JHKdezine

Okay - let me see if I got this straight - now I am not going into the dropbox portion because that just does not work as you have found...

So - you have a file on computer A - it was a local copy of a central file.

You have taken this file and detached it from the original central and saved it as the central file - it has worsets and all set up still - right?

You go to computer B and from there you cannot see the new central at all? It does not have the create new local check box available? Image new local for reference

If that is what you get - go back to the new central and select detach from central and open it and resave it as a central file.

Then you should be able to open it and create a new local from it. Image actual new local for reference.

Give it a try and let us know how it works.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report