Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Exported Data

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
info
859 Views, 3 Replies

Lost Exported Data

I am using Revit Architecture 2008 in conjunction with AutoCAD 2008 and am experiencing loss of data when exporting the revit drawing into 2007, 2004 or 2000 dwg CAD format.
The problem becomes apparent when I open the AutoCAD drawing. The preview appears to show that all the data is there but when the AutoCAD drawing opens the following typical message is displayed.

last command created proxy objects & proxy entities to represent original objects & entities whose parent ARX applications are currently not loaded.
These proxy objects & proxy entities may yield unexpected results during certain operations.
Missing application object DBX classes
number of proxies 51
number of objects with no graphics 51
missing application ACDB_MLEADERSTYLE_CLASS
number of proxies 1
missing application SCENEOE
number of proxies 1

(the number of missing proxies often varies between 20-120)

The most obvious noted missing data is the dimensions.

Has anyone experienced similar problems or know how to cure this.

One would have thought that two bits of software released at the same time and from same supplier could talk to each other properly.

I find I cannot now issue any CAD data to others in the design team through not being able to get the required data into the CAD file.

Any help out there
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
melarch
in reply to: info

I just finished testing Revit Architecture 2008 exporting to 2007, which is the release of AutoCAD Revit exports to by default. When I exported my simple walled drawing with dimensions, I had no problems, so I opened the AutoCAD 2007 drawing exported from Revit Architecture 2008 in AutoCAD 2008. Once again no problem. I then opened the newly saved AutoCAD 2008 drawing in AutoCAD 2007 and experience no dimensional issues. I do not have an earlier version of AutoCAD (2000 - 2005) prior to 2007 on my notebook to test your post, but will tomorrow when I get back into the office.

There are issues opening AutoCAD 2007-2008 drawings in earlier releases. So you may want to check with the AutoCAD product website to further explore this topic.

But I doubt that what is happening in AutoCAD is directly related to Revit Architecture 2008. My experiences in exporting DWG format in every release, including Revit Building 9.1 and Revit Architecture 2008 has not yielded the problems you are encountering. I recently worked on a project in Revit Architecture 2008 and my associates and consultant design group are working in AutoCAD releases 2004, 2006 and 2007, experienced no lost of changing of the Revit Architecture 2008 exported data as far as I can see or they have brought to my attention. Yes, I still practice architecture and work on residential and commercial projects.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
MasterGraphics, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Just a guess did you import a 2008 AutoCad dwg into Revit and now trying to
export. If so try removing all of the autocad data that was imported then
export the Revit model.

wrote in message news:5715453@discussion.autodesk.com...
I am using Revit Architecture 2008 in conjunction with AutoCAD 2008 and am
experiencing loss of data when exporting the revit drawing into 2007, 2004
or 2000 dwg CAD format.
The problem becomes apparent when I open the AutoCAD drawing. The preview
appears to show that all the data is there but when the AutoCAD drawing
opens the following typical message is displayed.

last command created proxy objects & proxy entities to represent original
objects & entities whose parent ARX applications are currently not loaded.
These proxy objects & proxy entities may yield unexpected results during
certain operations.
Missing application object DBX classes
number of proxies 51
number of objects with no graphics 51
missing application ACDB_MLEADERSTYLE_CLASS
number of proxies 1
missing application SCENEOE
number of proxies 1

(the number of missing proxies often varies between 20-120)

The most obvious noted missing data is the dimensions.

Has anyone experienced similar problems or know how to cure this.

One would have thought that two bits of software released at the same time
and from same supplier could talk to each other properly.

I find I cannot now issue any CAD data to others in the design team through
not being able to get the required data into the CAD file.

Any help out there
Message 4 of 4
info

No the revit drawing was started from scratch and has no imported data.
It has been exported into autocad 2000 dwg format several times during development with other consultants.
Some of the exported drawings which when opened in a later version of autocad (LT2007) displayed the dimensions without any warning message and others did not show the dimensions.
Trials exporting the data into 2004.dwg or 2007.dwg format made no difference when opened in autocad 2008.
The fact the acad drawing preview shows the data (in my case the dimensions) but then loses it after opening the drawing would seem to suggest perhaps the problem lies with autocad rather than the revit export

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report