Revit Architecture

Contributor
rlwade
Message 1 of 3 (163 Views)

Loft?

163 Views, 2 Replies
03-10-2004 07:28 AM
Can you create a loft object in Revit like you can in VIZ? Also why can't I offset a spline? I am trying to make a free formed curved beam with different radiuses along the length of the beam. Any Suggestions?
Valued Contributor
mmiles
Message 2 of 3 (163 Views)

Re: Loft?

03-10-2004 11:54 AM in reply to: rlwade
I haven't used VIZ, so I cannot comment on the question about the loft objects- I don't know what you mean.

But, you can copy splines, and type in specific distances while copying. Maybe that will help. As for why you cannot offset them, I don't know. The same is true for Ref Planes.
*Scott Davis
Message 3 of 3 (163 Views)

Re: Loft?

03-11-2004 08:41 AM in reply to: rlwade
Revit will sweep an object along a path. It does not yet have a sweep-blend where an object sweeps along a path, and the geometry changes. This is a request and will probably be included in an upcoming release. Is a sweep-blend what you mean by "loft"? "mmiles" wrote in message news:23994443.1078948526379.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1... > I haven't used VIZ, so I cannot comment on the question about the loft objects- I don't know what you mean. > > But, you can copy splines, and type in specific distances while copying. Maybe that will help. As for why you cannot offset them, I don't know. The same is true for Ref Planes.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.