Revit Architecture

Contributor
rlwade
Message 1 of 3 (158 Views)

Loft?

158 Views, 2 Replies
03-10-2004 07:28 AM
Can you create a loft object in Revit like you can in VIZ? Also why can't I offset a spline? I am trying to make a free formed curved beam with different radiuses along the length of the beam. Any Suggestions?
Valued Contributor
mmiles
Message 2 of 3 (158 Views)

Re: Loft?

03-10-2004 11:54 AM in reply to: rlwade
I haven't used VIZ, so I cannot comment on the question about the loft objects- I don't know what you mean.

But, you can copy splines, and type in specific distances while copying. Maybe that will help. As for why you cannot offset them, I don't know. The same is true for Ref Planes.
*Scott Davis
Message 3 of 3 (158 Views)

Re: Loft?

03-11-2004 08:41 AM in reply to: rlwade
Revit will sweep an object along a path. It does not yet have a sweep-blend where an object sweeps along a path, and the geometry changes. This is a request and will probably be included in an upcoming release. Is a sweep-blend what you mean by "loft"? "mmiles" wrote in message news:23994443.1078948526379.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1... > I haven't used VIZ, so I cannot comment on the question about the loft objects- I don't know what you mean. > > But, you can copy splines, and type in specific distances while copying. Maybe that will help. As for why you cannot offset them, I don't know. The same is true for Ref Planes.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!