Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking extrusions to reference planes?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
blawlor
4599 Views, 2 Replies

Locking extrusions to reference planes?

Hi All, 

Im fairly new to creating revit families. I have a building that has pre fab metal panel cladding all around the building. 

Ive created and attatched the family, its simple for now, just steel structure holding a profile made to look like steel decking, hosted on a wall. 

I had to create the profile for the metal panel in a side elevation, and i cant figure out how to lock it to reference plans to adjust the width (front elevation or plan). How would i do this?

As well, im looking to have it so its a fixed distance below the level its inserted on. Say insterted at level 3, the base is actually 2 meters below level 3. I dont want to place it and offset in the model, i would rather have it automatically set up so its in the correct place showing the level with a zero offset.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

you have doubled the side Reference Planes...and the element was not aligned and locked...

Image 9.png

Image 10.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 3

Perfect, i did not know how to get the lock/unlock symbol to appear. Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report