Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Reference Lines

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
PhilvK
1838 Views, 2 Replies

Lock Reference Lines

I am working on a truss family, partially for the truss, and also to try to understand how to, and what to lock to in families. Can anyone give me guidance on how I would lock the Reference Line highlighted in orange to the mid-point of the Reference Line highlighted in blue (point #1). Also, I was having an issue with the peak at point #2 moving around. How would I lock the Reference Lines coming into this point at the peak? My file’s attached if you want to take a look. Thanks!

Lock to MP.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
PhilvK
in reply to: PhilvK

Here's the file for my original post.

Message 3 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: PhilvK

Have you looked in the revit libraries? There are several trusses in there. In the UK library for example you have the "Scissors Truss-4 Panel.rfa" which should be good guidance for what you want. If you do not have the UK libnrary installed you can also find it on seek.autodesk.com.

For point 1:

If you check you will see it is matter of additional reference planes with some EQ dimensions.

For point 2:

It might help to temporarlily hide lines which are might cause wrong snap points

In the screenshot hereunder I have temp hidden several of the reference lines.

Then used the align tool, selected one of the reference planes and then used the tab key on the reference line until the endpoint shows up (blue dot).

Then you can lock it to the axis. Repeat the process for the second axis.

Connect.png

As a side note. If you check the trusses from the library you can see that they do not use that many reference lines and use specila lines for the chords and webs

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report