Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load-Bearing CFS Model based off 2D Cad from ARCH?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ecraider
235 Views, 0 Replies

Load-Bearing CFS Model based off 2D Cad from ARCH?

I am starting a 4 story CFS Load-bearing building.

The Architect on this project is surprisingly using Vectorworks 2D for their design package.

We just recently switched over to using Revit almost exclusively and we were excited to run this project 100% in Revit.

All of our past load-bearing Jobs have been done in Auto-cad. All of our Details are in autocad.

Being that I have no ARCH model to cut section & details from. I am starting to think that the best route for me to take on this is to go back to using Auto-cad on this project because we have a template to start with full of framing details and any custom details/ sections I get from ARCH will all be in 2d Cad anyway.

I still want to be able to do this in revit but since any custom details and sections are going to be coming strictly from arch backgrounds and not from a live model I think that this might not be the right project to switch over to Revit with. Im starting to think that I might end up chasing my tail trying to integrate the details @ sections without having an Arch model. 

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Emmett

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report