Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Living Furniture Dynamic Family Type Creation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
michaelburgessblack
408 Views, 1 Reply

Living Furniture Dynamic Family Type Creation

Revit beginner, Arch. student here,

The family creation tools are powerful and cool.  I am currently learning how to apply arrays and equations to my parameters.  But what I would like to do is model, for example, a futon that folds up like a taco (for storage), a couch, and a bed.  

I want to create a family that I can enter a parameter for the couch and have it change the folded and bed type (or linked) families.  

The easy solution that I don’t want to do.  I don’t want to create separate unconnected families for each because I don’t want to have to have 3 separate families loaded.  On top of that I would have to change each type separately every time i change one I would have to change each of the 3 types.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Options to control that: types with visibility parameters, or nested families controlled by family type parameters.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report