Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Revit files section and plan views not aligned

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
683 Views, 1 Reply

Linking Revit files section and plan views not aligned

I am a main contractor and need to coordinate with many revit files from different disciplines. Here are some issues that I encounter:

1) Linking revit files, the grid lines are off and I need to align the link files to my architectural shared grids. It can be quite a hassle when it comes to 20 or more revit files.

2) When cutting sections, the levels of the linked files are always off and I need to manually align them to my shared level.

3) When copy some families from a revit file to paste to align to current view, the families are not pasted at the same position/gridlines and I need to move the families roughly to the position.

I have checked that the project base point of some of the revit files are different, so I unclip the revit files project base point and move to my architectural file project base point at a particular grid lines. Clip it back and change the coordinates of N/S, E/W and angle. I save the revit files and close it. Link the revit files to my architectural model but still there are not aligned.

Please advise.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SteveKStafford
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you getting new models from the architect and engineers still? If so then you should ask them to get their shared coordinates established properly so you can (everyone actually) can work more efficiently.

If you are not getting any newer files then you can reorganize them yourself so they work together properly. I don't suggest doing it if you are still getting new files because you'll have to repeat the process each time.

Determine which file shall be the master file. Link files into this file. Move them each into position in all directions. Use Publish Coordinates on each of the linked models. When you save your "master" project you'll be prompted to save the changes to each of the linked models, do so.

Now if you open any of the other files you can remove the links they have and link them again using auto - by Shared Coordinates.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report