Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linking Civil Dwg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ljhudson
249 Views, 3 Replies

linking Civil Dwg

When ever I link an Civil dwg plan to my revit model. they links come in all jacked up and I can't properly snap.

Can someone help me understand why this is happending

I am working in Revit 2015, and the civil file is save in version 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbcarch
in reply to: ljhudson

See if the Origin of the cad file is very far away from the Project Base point in Revit--this can sometimes cause problems.

The Civil file may also use Arx Objects / Proxy Objects which need to be converted from Civil 3D software so that they read properly in Revit.

Try changing Proxy Graphics in the .dwg from 0 to 1 ( or vice versa ) then import / link into Revit.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 4
ljhudson
in reply to: cbcarch

This was so crazy..... so a co-worker, had some sort of cad file he used to use at his old job. he let me use that file as a base to copy and paste the civil info to and everything came out fine.

He nor I knew what was in set up in his old company file that let it work but it did.

Now my new issue is, that my revit project and the new linked file is not based on any real world location, so how would I select a point in the orign  civil file to get a real world point, to be my marker, so I can set the the reivt model site marker?

I hope I explained that correctly

Message 4 of 4
cbcarch
in reply to: ljhudson

You can move the Origin in the cad file to a logical point--say a corner of a building, or similar landmark.

Save, the reload the link in Revit.

Then, in Revit, use Aquire Coordinates to set the Project Base Point at the Origin of the cad file.

For more in-depth explanation, Google "Shared Coordinates in Revit".

Also take a look here: http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2012/05/shared-coordinate-post-summary.html

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report