Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking a new Title block folder to Revit 2013 title block

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
lslough
673 Views, 1 Reply

Linking a new Title block folder to Revit 2013 title block

Forgive me if this make ZERO sense--

I am hoping to link my new, custom templates [which are located in a specific Revit 2013 Title Blocks folder on my server] to the Title Blocks folder on Revit 2013. The goal is to only have these title blocks as an option instead of the standard Revit title blocks.

We would like to be able to make changes to these Title blocks in Revit 2013 so it will be directly connected to the TB folder on my server.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: lslough

If I understand what you are saying, you can either load the title blocks from your title block folder into your Revit template file -or- with your template file open, edit the title block families and save them to the title block folder.  I believe either action will "link" the families in the template file to the families in your title block folder.

Note that editing the title block families outside of the template will not automagically update them in the template file.  You would still have to reload the families into the template file(s) to update them.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report