Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linked revit structure file not showing in plan

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
24039 Views, 4 Replies

linked revit structure file not showing in plan

We originaly linked the structure model in to our architecture model from our ftp.  I know now that was not a good idea.  So I copied the structure model from the ftp server to our firms local project folder.  Then I repathed the structure model in our architecture model to the new location.  In doing this, I got an error message that said the revit linked was set to overlay and that it would need to be changed to attachment in order for it to be visible.  I closed out of my error message and continued with the repath. Once it finished I noticed in my manage links window that the linked file that I had just repathed was already set to 'attachment'.  So even though the error message told me it was loading in the linked model as 'overlay' it still kept it as 'attachment'. 

here is the problem.

In my overall floor plan the linked revit model does not show up.  When I click on the reveal hidden elements icon the structural columns show up but they are not red.  Normally anything that is hidden shows up red so I thought that was kind of wierd.  When I hover over the structural column itself it tells me that it is infact a hidden element.  However, when I right click on the column and go to 'unhide' all my options to unhide are greyed out.  So then I went to visibility graphics and looked to see if the revit model was turned on.  It was.  Then I looked to see if structural columns were turned on.  They were.  Then I looked to see if the structure models worksets were turned on.  They were.  So my VG overrides are telling me that the model is turned on but when I click the reveal hidden elements but is the only time I am able to see my structural columns in plan.

So then I went to my 3d view thinking that the model wasn't even in my project.  But in 3d view the entire structural model is visible and in the correct spot.  When go the another plan view all the columns show up correctly as well.  For some reason this overall plan view does not want to show my structural columns anymore. And I think it might have something to do with the repathing of the structure model.  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Firmanf
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you for posting.

This seems to be an issue with the workset visibility as you only see this issue in plan and the model is showing in 3d. If the workset was created un-checking the "Make visible by default in all views".

First of all, have you tried unloading/removing the link and them loading it again?

Since the file is already on the project folder that should clear the error with the path.

When reloading from, make sure to check select all the worksets to be loaded when prompt.

Also check:

1. Phasing: Check to see if the Host model and the linked model are in sync.

2. Worksets: Make sure the visibility is set to ALL so that all worksets are downloaded.

Please try:

1. Create a new workset and make sure that is set to be visible by default

Visible_worksets.png

2. Delete the workset with the issue

3. When prompt to select which workset those elements should go to, pick the new workset you just created

4. Save locally, Save to Central

5. Reload the link.

Here is a link that explains why some elements are not visible.

Please let me know if that helps.

Fernanda Firman
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Firmanf

Figured out what was wrong.  when I would go to select the structural model I would tab and select the structural column rather than the entire link itself.  still doesn't explan why it wasn't showing up red though.  but atleast it is showing up the way I want it to now.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I know this is an old post but thought others might find this.   When I linked a model to my drawings i couldn't see it in plan but in 3D it would show.  I found that if I go to the visibility/ graphic override and to to the revit link tab, click on the "by host view" and change it to "by link view" it will fix the issue.

Message 5 of 5
engrebwar1987

hello , I have a problem that i can not see revit icon in screen and when i open revit file by revit not open 445.pnghgf.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report