Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linked Revit models in Navisworks - PLEASE HELP!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tfischer
2036 Views, 2 Replies

linked Revit models in Navisworks - PLEASE HELP!

I am working on a coordination project of a large industrial facility being turned into office buildings. The project consist of mutiple buildings that are inter-connected. Each building was drawn seperately in Revit, and then linked into a "master" revit file.

I need each of these files in Navisworks - I went in to Revit and manually exported each into a .nwc for better use in Navis.

I then went to re-assemble all the models in Navisworks. When I loaded each building into Navisworks, everything appeared fine, but upon closer inspection of the Building's was sitting 5" above the others. In the architect's Revit model, all the floors are level - I verified this by cutting a section in Revit.

I can manually move in Navisworks but I don't want to; the architect's model clearly shows all the floors lining up and no elevation changes, but my Navisworks show just the 1 building 5" higher than the rest.

Thoughts?? I am completely stumped. It seems as though there is an issue with the links, but it seems all the "levels" in Revit are the same?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
VWD-MLM
in reply to: tfischer

Did the Architect establish, Publish and Acquire Share Coordinates from the site the the Bldgs, and if so, did the models , get exported via nwc with Shared Coords.?  Just a thought?

What version is all this taking place on/in?

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 3 of 3
tfischer
in reply to: VWD-MLM

The architect did use "shared coordinates" between his models...

I also set the model to "shared" when I exported them individually from Revit.

I ran some test to see if I could fnd out more info on the issue and I found this:

If I open the arch's "master" revit file (the one all the files are linked into) and I export it as a "complete" model and not individual buidlings, I do NOT get the one file being 5" too high. It is only when I export the models individually is when I get the issue of one of the files coming in 5" too high.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report