Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked revit file to DWG

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
maximbodearcas
7033 Views, 3 Replies

Linked revit file to DWG

I'm having issues with  masterplan with multiple linked revit files I need to export to dwg. It exports all links individually for each instance. And the main file doesn't get exported. Does anyone know how o work around this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

If you export orthogonal views from Revit, you get flat drawings in AutoCAD.

If you export from a 3D view in Revit, you get a  3D model in AutoCAD.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4

That I already knew, but when I export a flat view lets say the first floor, Revit exports every linked file from the masterplan seperate. That means if I have 10 linked files in the masterplan I get 10 seperate DWG files and no masterplan with all the links in (like an exref).

I read on the internet you can bind the masterplan file and then export to DWG, this works but then I lose the function of the link files and this took me about 3 hours to bind. But I have my DWG file.

But still, is there anybody out there that knows a better way to do this so that I can keep my linked files in the masterplan?

Message 4 of 4

From the General tab of the Export Setup dialog box, uncheck "Export views on sheets and links as external references"

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report