Active Contributor
38 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 4
Accepted Solution

Linked revit file to DWG

1094 Views, 3 Replies
03-02-2012 05:11 AM

I'm having issues with  masterplan with multiple linked revit files I need to export to dwg. It exports all links individually for each instance. And the main file doesn't get exported. Does anyone know how o work around this issue?

From the General tab of the Export Setup dialog box, uncheck "Export views on sheets and links as external references"

*Expert Elite*
2,887 Posts
362 Kudos
Post 2 of 4

Re: Linked revit file to DWG

03-02-2012 06:31 AM in reply to: maximbodearcas

If you export orthogonal views from Revit, you get flat drawings in AutoCAD.

If you export from a 3D view in Revit, you get a  3D model in AutoCAD.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Active Contributor
38 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 3 of 4

03-02-2012 06:44 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

That I already knew, but when I export a flat view lets say the first floor, Revit exports every linked file from the masterplan seperate. That means if I have 10 linked files in the masterplan I get 10 seperate DWG files and no masterplan with all the links in (like an exref).

I read on the internet you can bind the masterplan file and then export to DWG, this works but then I lose the function of the link files and this took me about 3 hours to bind. But I have my DWG file.

But still, is there anybody out there that knows a better way to do this so that I can keep my linked files in the masterplan?

*Expert Elite*
2,887 Posts
362 Kudos
Post 4 of 4

03-02-2012 07:28 AM in reply to: maximbodearcas

From the General tab of the Export Setup dialog box, uncheck "Export views on sheets and links as external references"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post