Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked CAD Not showing in other views

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
NY_Mech_Pipe
10465 Views, 3 Replies

Linked CAD Not showing in other views

Hello D-Group Members,

I am new to revit and just finished some ATC classes. I am stumped and need guidance. I linked in a dwg floor plan and it shows on the first floor but not in the 2nd floor or any others views. I thought as long as you left "current view only" in the Link CAD Dialog box unchecked it should show in all views. Thank you in advance for any replies

Ny Mech 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
alan.quinn
in reply to: NY_Mech_Pipe

If you insert the DWG into a plan view it should show up on all plan views, assuming that it’s visible, within the crops, not hidden, etc. and current view only is unchecked.

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 4
NY_Mech_Pipe
in reply to: alan.quinn

Alan,

I figured it out. When I use the "LINK CAD" command I brought the drawing in to the first floor / Level 1. The reason I could not see the dwg I brought into my drawing in any other view was because under the properties tab for the other levels the "underlay" drop down was set to level 3. I just needed to change the "underlay" to level 1, and there she is.

Thanks for the response,

NY Mech

Message 4 of 4
alan.quinn
in reply to: NY_Mech_Pipe

Glad it worked out....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report