Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link wall to col grid in element properties?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
247 Views, 4 Replies

link wall to col grid in element properties?

Hey all, please forgive my stupid questions, I am in that limbo where I haven't finished all the tutorials, am waiting for books to arrive, but need to get a pilot project up so I can play with Revit sort of on the clock.

So my new question that I can't find an answer to while searching, or using help files is:

Can I set my new wall type to have an offset from the column grid in the basic definition of the wall, or do I have to link all the walls in plan? I'd like to be able to make a change across the board in the future, rather than moving each wall. As always, thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Can be done at creation time, you can draw with an offset. Then transform the temp dim and lock.
After they're inserted. move them, use dim to lock.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I'm talking about in the actual wall type definition, before it is ever drawn on the sheet. Say exterior wall type "dave" is always 1'-4" away from the column line.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Nope, can't be done
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

dang it all anyway 🙂 I'm sure there is a very good reason for that, which will become obvious to me as I play with this more. Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report