Revit Architecture

Valued Contributor
amontri
Message 1 of 4 (202 Views)
Accepted Solution

Lining up Walls between Levels?

202 Views, 3 Replies
11-25-2013 08:02 AM

Do I have to use the Stack Walls family in order to have my walls line up on top of each other between the levels?  My walls are all slightly off in 3D view and look messy...how do you guys fix that?  Thank you....

No, and stack walls have their own set of issues, especially regarding hosted families (doors, windows, etc.).  Just create a section view of the wall(s), then align and lock whichever faces are supposed to align.

*Expert Elite*
rosskirby
Message 2 of 4 (191 Views)

Re: Lining up Walls between Levels?

11-25-2013 08:40 AM in reply to: amontri

No, and stack walls have their own set of issues, especially regarding hosted families (doors, windows, etc.).  Just create a section view of the wall(s), then align and lock whichever faces are supposed to align.

Ross Kirby
BIM Manager
Arcturis
Valued Contributor
amontri
Message 3 of 4 (185 Views)

11-25-2013 08:50 AM in reply to: rosskirby

Thanks, Ross.

What can I use to align all the walls for every level of a building?

*Expert Elite*
rosskirby
Message 4 of 4 (175 Views)

11-25-2013 09:03 AM in reply to: amontri

If you want something automatic, you may have to rethink the way you've been modeling the walls.  In general, if a wall is continuous over the entire height (or even just multiple stories), it should be modeled as such, rather than as separate walls that have to be manually aligned.  You can always use cut profile or modifications to the base/top offsets to tweak the details. Otherwise, you're going to have to use the Align tool to manually align/lock the walls.

Ross Kirby
BIM Manager
Arcturis
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.