Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines in windows not hiding correctly

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Keith_Wilkinson
206 Views, 1 Reply

Lines in windows not hiding correctly

I'm working on a model in which the windows and curtain walling seem to be ignoring the hidden line settings in all elevations and sections - see attached file.

If I copy and paste elements into a new file they display fine.  If I link the file into a new file, everything displays fine.  All other element types seem to be hiding correctly.

I've applied previously created (and working) view templates and they make no difference. 

Running out of ideas here as to what might be causing the problem.  It's come at an awkward time as we are just getting ready to release GA's...

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

K.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Okay. After playing around with a few backups and a stripped down file that was uploaded to the rest of the project team last week I've established that the problem is somehow related to the DWG files that are linked to the file.

Weirdly though it doesn't seem to be any one file in particular as unloading or removing them in differing sequences resolves the problem at different stages.

ITS ALL A BIT WEIRD.

Anyway, at least for now I can continue working with the model as is as ultimately the DWG's will be removed and for the moment unloading them seems to resolve the issue.

If anyone else comes across something similar let me know and if anyone has any ideas as to what the underlying issue is here I'd love to know.

cheers

K.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Maimonides

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report