Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Weights

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Beth1285
444 Views, 3 Replies

Line Weights

On a sheet, I just want to sketch a line, and have it be thick. It seems that the standard thickest line, isn't all that thick. Is there a way to assign how thick a line is? 

In the Manage tab, and Object Settings I can edit the line weights, and add various types, but I don't see those showing up as options, or actually changing those types. Am I missing something? 

I can add a screen capture of what I'm doing, if that would help you understand what I'm talking about.

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
loboarch
in reply to: Beth1285

when you draw a detail line you select a line style to use from the contextural tab.  There are a number of line styles in a default template with different lineweights.  If you need somethig thicker you can on the manage tab select additioanl settingsline styles and create a new one with a thicker line weight you can use.

line_styles.png

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 4
Beth1285
in reply to: loboarch

Yes! Thank you! I was in additional settings - line weight. 

Message 4 of 4
loboarch
in reply to: Beth1285

Yes the lineweight table you are describing is for setting how thick each of the 15 line weights actually print in real life on paper. Given a specific scale.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report