Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line weight with wall cuts stud line

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Beth1285
455 Views, 4 Replies

Line weight with wall cuts stud line

I'm trying to show a gwb ceiling on studs, which graphically, trypically would be shown with the gwb cut/dark, and the stud line beyond/lighter. Is there a way of achieving this? Right now, since it is all one ceiling assembly, Revit is placing a dark outline on either side of the whole assembly. Thoughts? Any help/suggestion is appreciated.  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rosskirby
in reply to: Beth1285

You'll have to use the linework tool to override the thicker line that is being controlled by the ceiling cut line style.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 5
Beth1285
in reply to: rosskirby

Thanks for the tip, that will come in handy for other graphic controls as well! Is it possible to do this and have the "cut" line on each side be set differently? This seems to be a global setting, and I can only alter the entire object cut edge, common edge, etc.

Message 4 of 5
rosskirby
in reply to: Beth1285

The linework tool will override any line you click on with whatever you have set in the dropdown menu (top right) at the time.  You can override every line to be something different, if you're so inclined.  You can also drag the end grips of a linework-overridden line, but only right after you've overridden it.  Otherwise you have to use the linework tool again and set it to "By category" to get it back to the original look, and then use the linework tool again.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 5 of 5
Beth1285
in reply to: rosskirby

Got it! I was looking at the line type overrides. This is exactly what I need, Thank you!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report