Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line types showing as color

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cjp
Enthusiast
4165 Views, 2 Replies

Line types showing as color

I seem to be having a bit of an issue with some lines showing up in color. I am sure it is a setting in a window somewhere, however, I cannot figure out which one. I exported my plan to an autocad drawing then imported it back into an annotation family to use as a key plan. I could not find anyplace to change all of the colored lines to black in the family, but I did change them in the project in the object styles window. My issue is that some lines still show as green or beige. I have concluded that it seems to be all of the dashed lines-minus the ones for the skylight (those changed to black). Any idea on where this menu is that would allow me to change those few remaining lines to black?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rosskirby
in reply to: cjp

Manage --> Object Styles --> Imported Objects, then click the "+" next to the name of the imported DWG, shift-select all the layers, click on the sample button under "Line Color" and choose black from the palette.

Alternatively, re-import the CAD and choose "Black and White" instead of "Preserve Colors".

Another alternative, screen cap a view of the floor plan and put it in your titleblock.  If you've got more than one key plan, just insert it on the sheet itself, rather than the titleblock.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 3
cjp
Enthusiast
in reply to: rosskirby

I did change the object styles at one point and was unsuccessful. I went back and reimported it as a black and white CAD drawing and that did what I needed it to. Thanks. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report