Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limestone Image

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
dylanyoungmandolin
1158 Views, 7 Replies

Limestone Image

Hello,

Was wondering if any Revit Veteran can please tell me why im having a hard time with this image.You can see a strip of the stone and the rest is greyed out on the left side of the screenshot, i was told this image of stone is non-tilable, maybe thats the problem? I've gone over (at least i think i have) every possible setting to get this image to work, any insight is greatly appreciated, thank you.

DallasScreenshot 2014-01-17 12.54.32.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hello,

It looks like the image is only repeated in one direction.
You can check in the materials how the texture is repeated:
1. In the "Manage" ribbon tab, click "Materials".
2. In the material browser select the stone material.
3. On the right side, select the "Appearance" tab.
4. Click on the image.
5. In the texture editor, check the values under the "Repeat" section, make sure the values for "Horizontal" and "Vertical" are set to "Tile".

If it does not work, then maybe try to open the image with an image editor program and save it in another format.

Rene Sommer
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for your response, i was told by the stone MFR that these un-tiled stone images don't behave properly with the random patterns, unlike say brick, may have to go with a different stone image, thanks again.

Dallas
Message 4 of 8

Revit doesn't really know whether an image is seamlessly tileable or not - it just sees an image that it can wall-paper over a surface.

I suspect the manufacturer's comments related to the repeating patterns that you see in the more random textures when they are tiled over a material.

Just repeating what Rene said - It does look as though the image is not set to tile correctly - check that both U and V tiling is checked under the material's appearance (open the material editor, select the material, appearance - then click the image) to bring the texture editing box up:

tiling.jpg

Message 5 of 8

I have my texture editor open but i dont have the options your showing, what am i missing? thanks again

Message 6 of 8

Assuming what you can see looks more like this:

tiling2.jpg

Make sure both Horizontal & Vertical are set to tile.

Message 7 of 8

Yes i do have that and they are both set to tile, if i try any other material it works fine, the stone just doesnt work well at all and i wonder if its time to go another material

Message 8 of 8

Could you post the texture image here ? - or maybe a screen grab of the texture settings that are set for that material ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report