Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light Power Density

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
621 Views, 3 Replies

Light Power Density

I am trying to create a Schedule that figures out Light Power density for each room. The first issue is getting Lights to register what room they are located in. The next issue is getting the room area parameter to show up in the available fields. It is funny b/c Volume shows up but not the room area. How hard could that have to been to add that to the available list since volume is there. Any help to get me to where I need to go would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can create a Room Schedule to give Room Area.

Not sure how to make the lights "Room Aware" ???

cheers

Message 3 of 4
eriosWMEK6

Might have to edit the light fixture family

Message 4 of 4
HVAC-Novice

Lighting power density only works in "spaces". At least last time I tried.

The light fixture needs to have a "room calculation point" enabled. and that point needs to be inside the space.  the electrical connector needs to be classified as "Lighting".  the apparent power for the connector needs to be entered. 

If that is all set up, the spaces will calculate the lighting power density. You also can schedule them and compare to code values. My schedules show for the space type what code allows, compares it to actual load, and turns red when I exceed code allowable value. 

There is one inconsistency or mystery. At  least IMHO. the connector uses apparent power, which also matters for system sizing. but IMHO, energy code uses Real power (Watt).  Even when power factors are high, there is a small discrepancy. Here my thread bout this. 

Revit version: R2024.2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report