Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light fixture family

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
143 Views, 3 Replies

Light fixture family

I'm a little rusty on the techniques for creating a light fixture. Specifically, I want to create a fixture that has three bulbs in it. I successfully created one of the lamps that has a bulb, or a light source, and it glows in a rendering. I thought I could load that lamp and place three instances in a generic wall-based family and they would still glow, but they do not. If I create a wall-based light fixture, there is that light source that I don't want; I want the three lamps. I'm sure there are tutorials somewhere, but I can't find them. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sbrown
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm afraid this is a limitation in revit currently to only allow a single light source per family. But you need to ask Chris Zoog on augi, he made a number of lights with multiple lights and I'm not sure how he did it. YOu can fake it with creating a material for each light bulb that has a luminence.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Rats. Thanks for the come back.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

How do you place bulb. I tried cretaing my own light fixture but couldn't figure out where to get the light source.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report