Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing System Error 30: Failed to start Adlm for revit 2012

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
isolis
2054 Views, 3 Replies

Licensing System Error 30: Failed to start Adlm for revit 2012

Im having issues with opening Revit Arch 2012. Every time I start revit I get this message "Licensing System Error 30: Failed to start Adlm" along with a bunch others stating that The software will only be able to read files and not save. The software was working just fine a few days ago and was installed months ago. I have read several post that are similar to The problem I am having. One post suggested uninstalling The software, which was my next step but for some reason The uninstall process failed. Very frustrating. We are running windows 7 64 bit and revit 2012 architecture is our software.

Another thing, when I try to install Architecture Desktop, it wont install at all. 

any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: isolis

Hello ics,

You might want to try utilizing Microsoft Fix-it for your uninstall issue.

In regards to the Architectural Desktop install failure, I'd recommend creating a new thread / attaching your install log for additional troubleshooting. Is that going on the Windows 7 machine as well? If so you might want to have a look at this Windows 7 Compatibility page.

Message 3 of 4
isolis

Our autodesk dealer resolved our issue by remoting into the computer and running some software that fixed the problem. They had to basically completely remove anything related to revit or autocad. This goes for anything in the registry. Once that was finished, they ran Mircosofts fixit tool just to make sure there are no other problems. The software was loaded and ran with no problems. 

the dealer used a software called Revo Unistaller Pro. Works great!

Message 4 of 4
philip.s

Thanks for following up / anyone that finds them selves in a similar situation should explore the options of utilizing one of the following tools (including Revo) linked here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report