Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licenses

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
111 Views, 4 Replies

Licenses

We have downloaded and installed.registered revit 6.0. There were some issues with it and or some of our work from 5.1 that caused us to want to go back to 5.1 for a few projects. We are now getting unable to renew license errors in 5.1. I know in the past during upgrades we were able to keep both versions running until we fully transitioned. Is this no longer the case? If it is how do I get 5.1 to renew?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Just prior to 6.0 being released, Autodesk released Revit 5.1L. The L is for licensing. Since the new Revit 6 uses Autodesks licensing standard, and 5.1 (no L) used the old licensing standard, they are no longer compatible. You will have to upgrade 5.1 to 5.1L to use in concurrence with 6.0. I'm going through the same thing right now....actually downloading 5.1L in the background as I type.... SD "Frank Murphy" wrote in message news:3ffc7d50$1_1@statler... > We have downloaded and installed.registered revit 6.0. There were some > issues with it and or some of our work from 5.1 that caused us to want to go > back to 5.1 for a few projects. We are now getting unable to renew license > errors in 5.1. I know in the past during upgrades we were able to keep both > versions running until we fully transitioned. Is this no longer the case? If > it is how do I get 5.1 to renew? > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

oh yeah, to get to the 5.1L download, go to www.autodesk.com/revit, go to the download area, and change the language to a non-english version. Then 5.1L will be available for download. (English only shows 6.0 available for download) Thanks to Matt J at Revit for that tip (who also suggested I try to figure out which was the right link from the Chinese version....) "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:3ffc83da_3@statler... > Just prior to 6.0 being released, Autodesk released Revit 5.1L. The L is > for licensing. Since the new Revit 6 uses Autodesks licensing standard, and > 5.1 (no L) used the old licensing standard, they are no longer compatible. > You will have to upgrade 5.1 to 5.1L to use in concurrence with 6.0. > > I'm going through the same thing right now....actually downloading 5.1L in > the background as I type.... > > SD > > > "Frank Murphy" wrote in message > news:3ffc7d50$1_1@statler... > > We have downloaded and installed.registered revit 6.0. There were some > > issues with it and or some of our work from 5.1 that caused us to want to > go > > back to 5.1 for a few projects. We are now getting unable to renew license > > errors in 5.1. I know in the past during upgrades we were able to keep > both > > versions running until we fully transitioned. Is this no longer the case? > If > > it is how do I get 5.1 to renew? > > > > > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

thanks, fortunate for me I had Chinese for dinner the night before "Scott Davis" wrote in message news:3ffcb352_2@statler... > oh yeah, to get to the 5.1L download, go to www.autodesk.com/revit, go to > the download area, and change the language to a non-english version. Then > 5.1L will be available for download. (English only shows 6.0 available for > download) Thanks to Matt J at Revit for that tip (who also suggested I try > to figure out which was the right link from the Chinese version....) > > "Scott Davis" wrote in message > news:3ffc83da_3@statler... > > Just prior to 6.0 being released, Autodesk released Revit 5.1L. The L is > > for licensing. Since the new Revit 6 uses Autodesks licensing standard, > and > > 5.1 (no L) used the old licensing standard, they are no longer compatible. > > You will have to upgrade 5.1 to 5.1L to use in concurrence with 6.0. > > > > I'm going through the same thing right now....actually downloading 5.1L in > > the background as I type.... > > > > SD > > > > > > "Frank Murphy" wrote in message > > news:3ffc7d50$1_1@statler... > > > We have downloaded and installed.registered revit 6.0. There were some > > > issues with it and or some of our work from 5.1 that caused us to want > to > > go > > > back to 5.1 for a few projects. We are now getting unable to renew > license > > > errors in 5.1. I know in the past during upgrades we were able to keep > > both > > > versions running until we fully transitioned. Is this no longer the > case? > > If > > > it is how do I get 5.1 to renew? > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 5
doug_barense

How do you get the English version of 5.1L?

No one here knows any of the nonEngish languages.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report