Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Levels not showing up in the East Elevation View

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
8523 Views, 5 Replies

Levels not showing up in the East Elevation View

I have two levels that are shown in ELevation views North, South and West. The East Elevation view has levels showing but two are missing. How do I get these levels to show up?

Thanks,

Maurey
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

A couple of things to try;

1) ZE to see if the level head is just off the screen. See if you have somehow dragged then end off the screen. I have done this before......
2) have you checked to see if they are hidden in that view? I have done this also.....

Wiley
Message 3 of 6
rosskirby
in reply to: Anonymous

Sometimes this happens when the 3D extents of the level don't intersect the viewing plane of the elevation (or whatever view the level happens to not be showing up in).

You've got a couple of options here (and maybe some more that I don't know about).

First, I'd try extending the view range of the elevation. Go to a plan view, select the callout of the elevation, and drag the extents window out until it crosses the extents of the level. This is kind of hit or miss, since you don't always know the 3D extents of the level, but if the view range crosses one of the elevations where the levels do show up, then it's a good bet that they'll show up in your other elevation as well.

If that doesn't work, go to a view where you can see the missing levels, select one, right-click, and choose 'reset 3D extents' (my wording may be off, but you should be able to figure out which one is the right one). You'll have to do this for each of the 'missing' levels. Unfortunately, this often has the unintended consequence of resetting the level marker in every view where those levels show up, but it almost always works.

If neither of those options works, then you've got me stumped. I guess you could always post the file and ask for an expert's opinion.

Good luck.
Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 4 of 6
krzystoff
in reply to: rosskirby

also check that the level isn't associated with a scope box, which can limit the 3D extents of the level.

Message 5 of 6
LaurenBuchanan
in reply to: rosskirby

Hi Ross

Thanks for the help. Maximize 3D extents works well. I just couldn't understand why my new elevation level wasn't showing up, it got me really frustrated.

Regards

Lauren

Message 6 of 6
loboarch
in reply to: LaurenBuchanan

@LaurenBuchanan wrote:

Hi Ross

Thanks for the help. Maximize 3D extents works well. I just couldn't understand why my new elevation level wasn't showing up, it got me really frustrated.

Regards

Lauren

The 3d extents of a datum (grid or level) have to intersect the projection plane of a view in order to be visible.  There are times when you will create )or edit) a level or grid, and the 3d extents of the datum do not make it across the projection plane of the intersecting views so the datum goes "missing".

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report