Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level Text Size

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
evansandschmidt
51223 Views, 5 Replies

Level Text Size

Can anyone tell me how to make the text size smaller for the level tags on the elevation and section views? I am working at 1/8" scale and the text and tag size seems too big. thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

In the Project Browser, open the Families folder, then open Annotation Symbols, then find out the name of the family that you want to edit. The default might be Level Head - Circle. Then, go to the application menu (the big R) > Open > Family > Annotations folder > Level Head - Circle.rfa ;
In this file, click on the "Name" label. From the Modify label tab, click on Element properties > Type properties > Duplicate the existing text type; default is 1/8" ; rename as, for example, ' 3/32" ', then change the text value to be actually 3/32". Now do the same with the "Elevation" label. Once you are done with this, click on Load into Project. Accept the 'Overwrite existing version' warning. If you want this change to be permanent in your drawings, load this into your template file, so that all new projects come with these settings.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6

Thanks,
That works great. I changed the size of the target in the Level Head-Circle.RFA file as well but it did not change in size after it was loaded into the project. Any thoughts? Thanks again.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6

Alfred,
I can get the level text to change as you described but how can I get the datum circle size to change.
I opened up the correct family and changed the radius of the circle via the Family Type dialog box.
I saved the family, loaded it into my project and checked the box to override the family. The text size of the level label changed but not the
datum symbol. Any suggestions?
Message 5 of 6
mwenta
in reply to: evansandschmidt

1. Create a new symbol the way that you want it to look. If you're using a OTB Revit family make sure you duplicate it before you modify it.

2. After creating it load it into your project.

3. If you're not sure what family it is you go through the steps below and look at what the symbol is named, and start from there.

4. You will need to modify the 'System Family:Level' family, select the 'Edit/Type' radio button, duplicate the 'Type' and change the 'symbol' to your modified new symbol.
Message 6 of 6
joshrFC7JF
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

That helped me a lot, thanks!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report