Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level Not Showing in Section

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Barryfisher
5099 Views, 9 Replies

Level Not Showing in Section

Hi Guys

I've got a model and i created a new level as normal, propogated extents etc but when i created as section North to South (Vertical) in the model the level does not show. When i create a section from East to west (horizontal) then the level appears fine. I've tried creating many sections and this is always the case. If i select a level in the section and click on select all instances in entire project the number includes the additional level but i can't see it. It is not hidden in the view, not on a different workset or anything unusual...

Any thoughts

Cheers Barry

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ccollins
in reply to: Barryfisher

Try uncropping/cropping the view. In View Properties of the Section, try using Crop with Line, Crop without Line, change Far Clipping, etc.

Can you see this Level in other views? 

Turn off crop region, then Zoom extents--perhaps the Level lines are far away--then click 2d extents and drag back into the view area.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 10
Barryfisher
in reply to: ccollins

Cheers

tried all that and made no difference at all.

It's funny that if i take a section in the N/S direction then the section does not show the level but if i take one in the E/W direction then all is fine....

It's not one i've hed before...

Message 4 of 10
ccollins

Design Options? Phases? Filters? 

Try re-creating the view (another section in the same direction.) Do the Levels show up?

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 5 of 10
parveen.revit
in reply to: ccollins

also try reveal hidden  elements button.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)
Message 6 of 10
JohnCubed

Go to the section or elevation view in question. Under Properties go to 'Extents'>Far Clipping>set to 'No clip'

Message 7 of 10
Clark-3
in reply to: JohnCubed

Hello Everyone,

Im jumping in on this also because I was having the same issue. "Under Properties go to 'Extents'>Far Clipping>set to 'No clip". This was the solution to my problem, so thanks!

Message 8 of 10

hi

1-Go to a elevation View.

2-Select all Level(Only Level Selected)

3-On the a level, right click.

4-the Choose Maximize 3D Extents.

L.png

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 9 of 10
danielk
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

This helped me.

Message 10 of 10

Thank you! that exactly what solves it quick and easy!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report