Active Contributor
chris.pitt
Message 1 of 2 (355 Views)

Legend Scale

355 Views, 1 Replies
11-30-2012 03:41 AM

Hi

Revit has just made me very cross!

I've drawn a Legend at 1:1 added it to a sheet which contains a 1:500 plan and it's made the title block show "As indicated" for the scale!

In this context I'm happy to redraw the legend at 1:500 to overcome the issue, although for the record, I think it's dumb that the scale of the legend should impinge as it has.

What if I have a series of drawings, say fire plans, at different scales all requiring the same legend?  Am I supposed to accept "As indicated" or am I supposed to create a series of legends at different scales?

Any thoughts beyond "that's just the way it works"?

Regards

Christopher Alan Pitt

Frank Shaw Associates

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 2 (325 Views)

Re: Legend Scale

12-02-2012 04:42 PM in reply to: chris.pitt

"As indicated" appears when the views in the titleblock do not use the same scale. But ithis should not be a problem, since each view has its own scale shown in the View Title, anyway.

For legends, it makes sense to use another type of View Title that does not show the scale.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.