Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legend: Exist Wall, Demo Wall, New Wall

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
doni49
853 Views, 1 Reply

Legend: Exist Wall, Demo Wall, New Wall

My plan shows exist walls as thin/solid lines, walls to be demo'd as thin/dashed and NEW WALLS as solid/heavy.

How can I represent this in a legend?  So far, all I've been able to do is place walls on the legend but we don't really want to show different wall types on this particular legend (because every wall on the plan is the SAME WALL TYPE -- the only difference is Exist, Demo or New.

TIA!

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I have to confess that I prefer a workaround to Legend when  I make lists with construction elements .

Why ? 

Because in Legend :

•  I can not insert Tags to door and windows
  •  I have to put again the dimensions
  • Curtain walls can not be shown in elevation and by instance
  • I can not show phases

So, I make a bunch of  Callouts with every type of door, window and curtain wall instances from my project . The same for the phases. These callouts are made as View Templates so as to predefine as much as I can ...A call these Callouts with tags name so to keep order.

Finally I insert theese Callouts into a sheet in which I insert also schedules of these elements....

Maybe a combination can be done between Legend and my workaround in sheet space....

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report