Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

laptop recommendation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
467 Views, 6 Replies

laptop recommendation

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a laptop to work with Revit?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Dell Precision Workstations. Why? It's all about the video card.

Here's the link: http://www.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/precnnb?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&~ck=mn

Here's my business account Dell Rep Michele's info . She'll get you better pricing.

Other's will complain about Dell and everyone has their personal preference, but no other company

allows you to customize every bit of your system and get the Complete Care Warranty in case you step

on it one night.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I had an M90, till the Video crapped out, but when
I called Dell about it, within 24 hrs I had a new M6300 shipped to me, no
charge, and they even gave me a couple of days to transfer my data to the new
one.  I really do love this Laptop.

--
Mike Maloney
RAC 2009
ACA 2008
Navisworks 5.5

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Dell
Precision Workstations. Why? It's all about the video
card.

Here's the link:
href="http://www.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/precnnb?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&~ck=mn"

Here's
my business account
href="http://bimboom.blogspot.com/2008/07/hardware-part-2.html">Dell Rep
Michele's info
. She'll get you better pricing.

Other's
will complain about Dell and everyone has their personal preference, but no
other company

allows you to customize every bit of your system and get
the Complete Care Warranty in case you step

on it one
night.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I can vouch for the Dell M60 and M20 - which are older models. For RAC2009 there are no problems though the older machine is running a little slowly these days. i am sure a newer model will be a good one.

I can also recommend using the refurbished model if you are needing to save money. Usually, the laptops were ordered by companies that for some reason or another needed to return, or sometimes they have external defects (i.e. scratches on body). Due to that they get sold at a lower price than if new. There are many models available, you will just need to sort through the list to determine which machine best fits your need. The website can be located from the home page at Dell.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

We have a macbook pro with bootcamp running it in win xp pro, no problems. We have some recent Dell laptops but none running revit. I can tell you though that we have more issues in general with Dell laptops than macbooks...you get what you pay for.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you all for the Dell recommendations.
Will check out the workstation.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

are you using revit2009? i actually have an imac and am wary about using bootcamp but am glad to hear that it runs so well on the macbook. thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report