Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lack of template in revit 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sailaini_415
684 Views, 2 Replies

lack of template in revit 2014

Hi, guys. Recently i installed Revit 2014 in my new laptop (windows 8). But when i opened it, there was no template shown, and when I click new project, the templet file was " None " like the attachment shown. Do anyone have the same problem with me?  I have tried to add features by using control panel - unistall programme and re-installation, but they didn't work.Can anyone help me to deal with it?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ennujozlagam
in reply to: sailaini_415

try to configure from here:

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 3

The first thing to do is to determine whether content was installed and Revit is not configured properly to utilize it or if content failed to install.  To do so, open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2014, where you should find the following sub-folders: Family Templates, IES, Libraries, Lookup Tables, and Templates.  If these folders are missing or they exist but do not contain any Revit content files, then your Revit content installation did not complete successfully.

If Revit content was installed, the previous suggestion of configuring your file locations settings in the Revit options dialog box is the best solution.

If Revit content was not installed, I recommend reviewing this thread in which I've covered steps to troubleshoot (and hopefully resolve) this problem.

Tony Michniewicz
Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report